The Cities of London and Westminster Constituency Labour Party approved the following motion during the last All-Members Meeting (February 2022):
“This CLP notes:
1) Press reports on 17 February that the Labour Party may fight only a minimal campaign in constituencies which are high on the Liberal Democrat target list.
2) That Cities of London and Westminster is numerically 14th on the Liberal Democrat target list after the 2019 general election.
This CLP believes:
1) That the Liberal Democrat 2019 result in Cities of London and Westminster was the product of wholly unrepeatable circumstances at that election, including last minute replacement of the Labour candidate and excessive campaign spending by the Liberal Democrats.
2) That the Labour vote in Cities of London and Westminster has increased and is increasing.
This CLP resolves:
1) This CLP opposes any pact with the Liberal Democrats nationally and in the Cities of London and Westminster constituency.”