It’s time for change
Boris Johnson’s Conservatives have been wasting your money and taking you for fools. They have become tired, out-of-touch and incompetent, wasting £6m on the Marble Arch Mound while local people struggle with rising bills. It’s time for change and only Labour can beat the Conservatives here in Westminster.
Labour has a plan
We would deliver a Council that puts residents first. That means fairer housing for renters, tenants, leaseholders and owners, safer communities, a greener and cleaner city, an economy that works for local people and a Council that stands up for their interests. We’ll put residents at the heart of our decisions, and campaign for a government that is on their side.
A Labour Council will care for our local communities by:
- Reinvigorating our neighbourhood high streets to better serve local people, with more jobs and more green spaces to spend time in.
- Building more Council and key worker homes to give families a future in Westminster.
- Protecting private renters through more action against bad landlords and rogue letting agents.
- Improving opportunities for children and young people, and support our older and vulnerable people.
- Placing the climate emergency at the centre of the Council’s work by mandating low carbon developments, urgently retrofitting homes and cleaning our air.
A Labour Council will be on your side:
- Freezing Westminster’s Council Tax until 2024 to help with the cost of living crisis.
- Putting the needs of residents before developers in the planning system,
- Keeping our area safe with more police to tackle knife crime and Council action on Anti-social behaviour and rubbish dumping.
- Standing up for better NHS services against cuts and sell-offs.